Lean Six Sigma Black Belt Training and Certification
The Lean and Six Sigma methodologies work together as a combined long-term business strategy that can produce exceptional results. Lean focuses on improving efficiency by identifying and eliminating waste, improving flow, implementing pull and continuously improving the value stream. Six Sigma focuses on how to improve effectiveness by reducing variation, eliminating rework, and controlling processes. Lean defines and establishes the value flow improving process speed, and Six Sigma brings the process under statistical control to make the value flow smoothly.
The purpose of the Lean Six Sigma Black Belt Certification program is to prepare Team leaders to lead and implement improvement projects using the proven DMAIC methodology, and Lean Tools. The class is instructor-led and offers numerous exercises and examples designed to help the participant learn tools and techniques to eliminate waste and improve productivity, and to achieve lasting financial results.
The training includes 160 hours of classroom time, with hands-on, demanding and thorough instruction. During training, Lean Six Sigma Black Belt participants work on an actual identified management-approved project that can realize at least $100,000 in cost savings to the organization. The instructional design process involves learning a technique and then applying it to the working project.
Lean Six Sigma Black Belt participants will learn how to:
- Establish or leverage an existing Business Management System
- Significantly reduce working Lead Times
- Reduce manufacturing costs
- Reduce defects
- Improve customer satisfaction
- Increase market share
- Reduce time to market for new products
- Improve financial performance
- Reduce work in process/increase cash flow
- Reduce and/or eliminate non-value-added activities from your costs
- Introduce Lean Six Sigma principles to your organization
- Lead a team through Process Mapping
- Create and implement a Lean Value Stream in all areas of your organization, including manufacturing and administrative areas
- Utilize Performance Metrics
- Understand how to develop a Lean Six Sigma Roll-Out Plan
- Build a Process Management System
- Implement DMAIC at Your Company
- Develop Project Selection Criteria
Naperville Daytime Schedule
|Date:||This program includes all of the following dates:
August 11, 12, 18, 19, 25, and 26, 2014
September 2, 3, 8, 9, 15, 16, 22, 23, 29, and 30, 2014
October 6, 7, 13, and 14, 2014
(160 total hours)
|Times:||8:00 am - 4:30 pm|
|Cost:||$9,900/$4,950 with grant for eligible companies
For more information, see our Lean Six Sigma Black Belt brochure.