Manuals and Job Aid Development
The advance of technology is relentless:
- Are you worried that the new technology your company is bringing online may be difficult for your workforce to understand?
- Are you sure that you have done the knowledge capture for the newly implemented processes and technologies at your company?
- Do your employees have difficulty interpreting and implementing those ISO 9001 procedures and work instructions?
- Do you think that errors occur due to the inability of your workforce to read and understand process documentation?
- Do you have adequate human resource documentation for new employees when they join your organization?
BIS can help you make critical systems in your company hit their targets:
- Human resource and safety procedure
- Specific work instructions (sample)
- OEM manuals
Development of critical procedure documentation is an effective performance support tool that assists you in ensuring that all of your employees have access to critical information in a format that is easy to understand. In cooperation with your employees, BIS can produce a comprehensive manual or job aid that documents your key equipment and processes. We work with your company in reducing the language content while increasing the visual and graphic presentation of information.
A customized manual of operation can go wherever the equipment goes or wherever the work is performed. The manual can contain a sequenced task list with critical work instructions, safety precautions, required tools, and preventive maintenance information. Troubleshooting steps can be added so the manual serves the dual purpose of an effective training tool, as well as a job aid for maintenance and equipment operators.
If the development need is creating or adding to an existing new employee manual, then perhaps company history and values, human resource procedures, quality, work flow, customers, and safety are modules that are included and documented.
These customized manuals can be provided in hard copy and electronic forms. Languages other than English are also available.
Return to Top